I’ll keep this short because the name really says it all.
If you love cheese, jalapenos, and quinoa, then you need these little bites in your life. Outside of the quinoa preparation, these cheesy jalapeno delicacies take all of 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook.
What you need:
– 12 cup Muffin Tin
– 1 cup uncooked quinoa
– 2 cups water
– 1/2 yellow onion chopped
– 1 cup shredded cheddar mozzarella blend
– 2 large eggs
– 1 Tablespoon minced pickled garlic (regular garlic works too)
– 2 Tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon basil
– 1 Tablespoon tomato sauce
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine quinoa and water into a shallow pan and cook on high until the water begins to boil. Once you reach a boil, turn down to a simmer until the water evaporates.
3. Combine and mix all remaining ingredients into a large bowl including the cooked quinoa.
4. Spray the muffin tin with a nonstick cooking spray and spoon the quinoa mixture into the muffin tins. No need to leave room at the top as you would cupcakes, they hardly rise.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes and let cool for 5-10 minutes. I recommend cutting around the sides of the bites before removal. Some of the mixture may stick to the bottom of the cup, but that’s ok!
Serve and enjoy! I suggest eating with pizza sauce. ?